INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BREEDING AND SEED SECTOR INNOVATIONS FOR ORGANIC FOOD SYSTEMS
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCESSING OPERATION
Institute of Agricultural resources and economics (AREI) processes your personal data to ensure an adequate organization, follow-up, communication and promotion of the 13th International Barley Genetics Symposium – 2022, which will take place on July 3rd – 7th 2022, in Riga, Latvia.
The data controller is AREI, who is responsible for the overall organization of the conference.
Legal address: Zinatnes street 2, Priekuli, Priekulu parish, Priekuļu district, Latvia, LV-413
Phone +371 67552909
The purpose of the processing of your personal data is:
- handling registration and attendance;
- communication with the speakers and participants on organizational and abstract submission issues;
- compile the submitted abstracts and include them in the single brochure;
- identify conference participants;
- inform the society about the conference activities, increase the publicity of AREI and record the fact of the event;
- conference follow-up actions, such as sharing presentations and participant lists among participants and feedback collection;
Your personal data will not be used for an automated decision-making including profiling.
- LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
AREI processes your personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
In addition, your personal data is carried out on the following legal bases:
- with your consent – by filling in the registration form and submitting the necessary transfers;
- AREI legitimate interest – taking photos and videos during the event, because of record the fact of the event, inform the society about the conference activities, increase the publicity of AREI;
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
AREI will processes your personal data such as first name, last name, organization, e-mail address, organization address, the fact of payment, country, phone number, abstract.
Please note that there will be photos and audio and/or video recordings taken during the event based. These photos may be published by AREI on website: www.arei.lv and in related social media, as well by on relevant websites and social media .
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND TO WHOM IS IT DISCLOSED?
Access to your data is granted only to AREI and the contractor’s staff, who are involved in the organization of the event. Access to the data can also be granted to national and EU bodies charged with monitoring or inspection tasks in application of national or EU law.
For visibility purposes, photo and video recording are diffused to a wider public (intranet or Internet). If you do not agree with your video, photo recording and publishing, please contact with the event organizers.
List of participants/speakers is shared among participants/speakers who gave their consent during registration.
We will never divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT AND SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
In order to protect your personal data, a number of technical and organizational measures have been put in place. Technical measures include appropriate actions to address online security, risk of data loss, alteration of data or unauthorized access, taking into consideration the risk presented by the processing and the nature of the data being processed. Organizational measures include restricting access to the data to authorized persons with a legitimate need to know for the purposes of this processing operation.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions to the conference are necessary with regard to the purpose(s) of the processing of personal data as well as for the meeting and its related management.
Photos and video recordings are stored in the organizer devices for three years. Within this time, the files to be used for communication purposes and/or be archived for historical purposes shall be selected. The remaining files shall be deleted.
Most web browsers allow visitors to control and delete cookies. Please note that if cookies are rejected or deleted, you may not be able to fully use the functionality of website. For more information about cookies, including what cookies are set on the user’s device and how they can be managed or deleted, visit www.aboutcookies.org
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE THEM?
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold regarding your personal data, rectification or erasure of the data, or restriction of their processing. Also you can recall your consent without prejudice to the lawfulness of previous processing.
Any request to exercise one of those rights should be directed to the conference organizer via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Where you wish to exercise your rights in the context of one or several specific processing operations or files, please provide their description and reference(s) in your request.
- CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
You may contact the Data Protection Officer of AREI via email email@example.com with regard to issues related to the processing of your personal data under Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
In cases where AREI does not exercise your rights, you can turn to Data State Inspectorate of Latvia.